We are currently recruiting for the role of associate director. As a team of healthcare public affairs specialists, we apply a campaign mind-set to everything we do, ensuring maximum impact for our clients. We have a proven track record of creating bespoke, integrated and targeted market access, policy, public affairs and corporate programmes for leading pharmaceutical and med-tech companies, charities and regulators, which have delivered clear results. Four Health Public Affairs is part of the wider Four Health practice, which comprises a highly skilled and experienced team, with expertise in marketing, public relations, social media, public affairs, medical education, patient advocacy, media planning & buying and analysis, and research and strategy.
As an associate director, you will be a highly experienced public affairs professional, who is looking for a role that allows you to work strategically with clients primarily within the healthcare sector as well as playing a key role in the leadership of the team.
You will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the day-to-day management of client accounts, budgets and campaigns, and leading on the development of the overall strategy for your clients.
- Developing and facilitating successful relationships with your clients and potential clients, as well as wider external stakeholders.
- Being highly informed about political and policy developments, in Westminster, the NHS and beyond, applying this to clients’ objectives in order to inform strategies and tactics in communications programmes and campaigns.
- Proactively sharing knowledge on healthcare developments and communication skills across the company.
- Managing and overseeing the work of colleagues on account programmes, with the opportunity to line manage colleagues outside of your account teams.
- Leading the development of new business opportunities through marketing initiatives, external networking and presentations to prospective clients.
- Maximising current client business opportunities through organic growth.
- Inputting into resourcing and capacity planning as a member of the Senior Team.
You will possess a mix of some, or all, of the following skills, abilities and knowledge:
- Detailed knowledge of healthcare policy.
- A number of years experience within a public affairs consultancy
- Ability to advise senior clients at a strategic level, covering public affairs from both a corporate and therapy area specific position.
- Ability to develop strategic integrated communications programmes aligned with clients’ business challenges and priorities in the ever-evolving NHS environment.
- Strong verbal communication skills and an ability to express ideas clearly and convincingly in meetings and presentations.
- Ability to write effectively and persuasively, producing high quality materials.
- Ability to work autonomously, with first-hand experience of managing staff and programme budgets.
- A good understanding of the commercial aspects of agency life, including motivation to help deliver new business targets and drive marketing activities.
Candidates from both an agency background and an in-house background will be considered.
Equality and diversity statement
We are proud of our diverse community at Four and are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world in which we live. We strive to improve our diversity and welcome applicants from all backgrounds, especially those from minority and under-represented groups.
We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief. To the extent possible, we remove this information from CVs submitted to managers during the assessment process.
How to apply
Please send CVs to: Careers@FourCommunications.com quoting reference ASDH in the subject line. We do not accept CVs from agencies.